Families are Love

Monday, November 23, 2009


So as always I'm updating, not doing something amazing and exciting... just updating. Thanksgiving is almost here and we haven't been extremely busy, but enough to keep us going. I've recently (in the last month +) become addicted to blogs and websites of the crafty nature. I do blame Jennie and Megan for this ;)... they had the links on their blogs and the temptation was too great to resist. So now my nights are filled with trying to DECIDE not do, but DECIDE what projects I want to start, finish, and pursue. I've about got the Christmas capes done, my new Christmas wreath is finished, etc. etc. ; But my word blocks and banner for my basement are still rolling around on my brain. I just can't quite decide how I want them done. And knowing me... If they aren't done the way I'd like them to turn out the first time... they are put away for a few years and maybe I'll get to them the next time i clean out the closet. Anyone else have that problem?

Anyway, because of my new addiction I thought I would share some of my favorite sites to get creative juices flowing (they're on the side bar); and just as Jennie and Megan are responsible for my new addiction... I am now responsible for my friends Kimi's... I hope she forgives me :)

Anyway, Mike's been having a wonderful time at preschool. He's really enjoying this year and is more outgoing than he was before. His preschool class has 9 boys and only 2 girls most days. I kind of think Mrs. Hayes must have the patience of an angel to tackle that day after day. Mike loves to write his name and lets every cashier know that I'm his mom and that I'm 27. Why only the cashiers... I'm not sure, but what a wonderful quirk Mike has.

Last week we a a really neat story time at the library. It was based on the Polar Express. I hadn't been to one of the really big story times yet, so I was not prepared for it. We had to park 3 blocks away and wait in a line that was as long as the parking lot for the library. But it was worth it and really fun. There was fishing for donuts, and a story corner, making crafts to do with snow, etc. Each family was given a ticket so they could get their book when they were done... which was more than I expected. They were given a hardbound Polar Express book that came with a cd and cassette of the book, and of course a bell from Santa's sleigh. Mike had a lot of fun with it and I probably lost a pound or two in sweat. :)

This is Mike with our neighbor Kourtney, who came with us.

No comments: