Families are Love

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mom Days

to be honest today was one of those days! I didn't want to have the name "Mom". I know that everyone has one of these days and maybe more than one a week, but oh! today was my day.

We had a lot to do, including a Christmas party @ preschool and therapy. So when they got up this morning and were dragging their feet I cringed. We got to the Christmas party that is 3 blocks away just fine, except that we were 10 minutes late... we just couldn't get moving. After that we came home and they had some chill out time before we had to go to Blackfoot for therapy.

Everything went fine until 1/2hr before we needed to leave. Every time I walked out of the room they started fighting! So we were 10 minutes late for that one too! Therapy went really well until the last 10 minutes... what is it with the 10s? Michael and Josh both had a melt down and it was in a hallway that echoes horribly. They started to settle a little before we left, but then it started up again once I told them we had to take the elevator instead of our norm... the stairs. They were just too slippery.

Anyway, it took me almost 10 minutes, there it is again, to get them from the basement(where therapy is), to the elevator (hissy fit at the door to the stairs), then we went up and down twice before I could get them to get out of the elevator which entailed me carrying them both out football style and two nurses holding open the doors.

to end on a positive note, I really do feel like my children are a blessing and I really enjoy being a mom! Life is really a wonderful adventure and I am so thankful that I have my family to experience it with; I could just go without the "mom days"

No comments: